TECO-Westinghouse Motors (Canada) Inc. is committed to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of our employees and their families, customers, vendors and business partners during this challenging episode. As a global manufacturing company, we have been closely monitoring the unparalleled situation concerning the COVID-19 pandemic throughout our factories to minimize risk, avoid disruption, and provide continuity of supply. We are considered an essential, critical manufacturer, as defined by current provincial and state regulations and orders placed throughout the provinces and states that our warehouse’s reside and we have continued to maintain our normal work schedule to provide products and services to our customers.
During this difficult time, I want to share with you how TECO-Westinghouse Motors (Canada) Inc. is working to serve our customers while keeping our employees’ health and safety a top priority ‒ we have already taken a series of precautionary measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Our offices, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities in North America and Asia remain open and will continue to maintain a normal work schedule. We have significantly enhanced the thoroughness and frequency of our cleaning and sanitation practices while also instituting restricted visitor policies, except where prohibited by law, in all our locations.
- We have implemented guidelines for the postponement of international and domestic airline business travel to minimize risk to our employees and customers. We will re-evaluate our position to determine the most appropriate next steps. Non-airline travel critical to business operations will be evaluated for both safety and business continuity.
- We have modified or postponed meetings in excess of ten (10) persons across our offices in the U.S. and Mexico and five (5) persons in Canada. We have implemented protocols to utilize conference calls and web-conferencing, as much as possible.
- We have relocated many of our office-based employees to work from home in order to diminish the threat of exposure and disruption, while sustaining the business.
- We assembled a leadership committee that monitors global, national, and local developments and new guidelines to ensure that we receive regular assessments of developing events, comply with the law, and mitigate potential impact. We will update our response plan from time to time as appropriate.
As North America began experiencing an increase in concerns, we quickly initiated a regular cadence of interactions amongst our Management teams internally to ensure we have consensus throughout all of our locations as this fluid situation enfolds.
We are also in regular communication with our commercial teams to make sure we are supporting the needs of customers and business partners. Currently, we have sufficient inventory to fill most customers’ requirements. We have worked closely with our suppliers, manufacturing sites, and transportation companies to ensure that we can most effectively and timely produce and deliver products to our customers.
Our employees’, customers’, and business partners’ safety, health, and well-being remain our highest priority, and we will continue to act respectfully and diligently regardless of the disruption and uncertainty COVID-19 causes to our daily lives. We are navigating these rapidly changing circumstances as new information is made available. We are optimistic this will be a temporary condition, and we will rebound stronger together.
K. Clarence King